Search the GPRWMF Website
The community involved in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (OHNS) includes scientists, clinicians, engineers, students, nurses and other specialists working in the fields concerning the ear, nose, throat, and related structures.
Commonly-known specialist OHNS fields:
- Audiology: analysis/testing of hearing
- Cancers of the head and neck: often referred to as ‘Head and Neck’ or ‘H+N’, relating to malignancy thereof
- Laryngology: diseases, disorders, injuries of the larynx and vocal apparatus
- Neurology: anatomy, functions, and organic disorders of nerves and the nervous system
- Olfaction: regarding scent and smell
- Otology: embraces outer, inner and middle ears
- Rhinology: affecting the nose and sinuses
- Sleep: sleep apnoea and other sleep-specific conditions
- Vestibular function: balance and inner ear
The Foundation encourages the community to forge new partnerships and collaborations, across sub-specialties, institutes and professions, in pursuit of excellence.