Search the GPRWMF Website
Chairs in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (OHNS)
The Garnett Passe and Rodney Williams Chairs in OHNS are a collaborative initiative between the Passe and Williams Foundation, universities and public hospitals.
The purpose of the Chairs is to establish internationally recognised centres of research and clinical excellence across Australia and New Zealand. This is achieved through the recruitment of world-class academic clinicians in ENT into professorial roles.
Each Chair constitutes an academic appointment at a university alongside a senior clinical appointment at a public hospital, enabling the professor to:
- provide world class clinical services with a focus on improving patient care and outcomes
- conduct cutting edge clinical research through the supervision of scientists and surgeon-scientists pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications
- teach and train the next generation of ENT specialists in the public healthcare environment
- forge national and international collaborations within and external to their own organisations
- secure financial and in kind support from external sources to ensure the continuation and sustainability of the Chair beyond the period of establishment
To discuss support from the Foundation for a Chair position, please contact us.
GPRW Chair in OHNS Professors
Below are Professors whose Chair positions have been funded directly by the Foundation.