Applications for the 2019 Award Round are now closed.
Overseas Clinical Fellowships enable a fully qualified surgeon or equivalent clinical specialist to obtain postdoctoral experience with the view to establishing a research career in Australia or New Zealand. Fellowships must be spent in an overseas institution (not in Australia, not in New Zealand).
Term of award
Twelve (12) months (full-time). Part-time fellowships will be considered.
Eligibility requirements are specified in the Terms and Conditions of the award. These will be available at the time the application round opens.
A stipend of AUD 125,000 per annum with a supplementary allowance of AUD 15,000 per annum for minor items of equipment, consumables and conference attendance (pro-rated if undertaken on a part-time basis). An additional AUD 5,000 is provided for use towards relocation expenses. Funding must be administered through an overseas institution.
How to apply
Applications are open during July and August for awards commencing the following year, with outcomes being communicated in December. Applications must be submitted online via the GPRWMF Portal, which can be accessed through this website. Please note that this Award may not be offered every year. Awards on offer will be announced on the GPRWMF website in mid-June.
Full submission requirements are made available when the application round opens.
In brief, submissions require:
- Personal details of Applicant, including up-to-date CV
- An applicant profile, outlining strengths, career goals and future plans
- A proposed institution, intended Head of Department and intended Supervisor
- A summary of clinical and research objectives
- A signed letter of offer for the Fellowship from the proposed institution
- Referee details
- Signed Terms and Condition of Award (proforma provided)
Applications are through the Foundation’s online Portal. To register, please click here.