Search the GPRWMF Website
Academic Surgeon-Scientist Fellowship
This Award sits outside the Award Round. Please contact the Foundation office for details on how to apply.
To enable an outstanding surgeon-scientist working in OHNS in Australia or New Zealand to embark on an academic pathway by obtaining overseas clinical, research, teaching and administrative experience, before returning to Australia or New Zealand to establish an academic career in a Department of OHNS.
Term of award
Up to four (4) years.
Applicants must be outstanding surgeon-scientists working in OHNS, with the right to study and/or work in Australia or New Zealand (as appropriate).
Applicants must hold a PhD, and/or provide evidence for significant independent research experience, at the time of application.
Applicants must be committed to pursuing an academic-clinical career in a Department of OHNS in Australia and/or New Zealand.
Individuals who currently hold a similar fellowship must relinquish that fellowship to accept a GPRW Academic Surgeon-Scientist Fellowship.
Individuals who have previously held and received funding for a GPRW Academic Surgeon-Scientist Fellowship are ineligible.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of Award for all eligibility and ineligibility criteria.
For the overseas component (Years 1-2):
• A full-time stipend of up to AUD $150,000 per annum (all-inclusive);
• Up to AUD $5,000 per annum for minor items of personal equipment/consumables and conference attendance; and
• Up to AUD $5,000 per annum towards relocation costs to/from the overseas institution.
For the domestic component (Years 3-4):
• A part-time (0.5 FTE) stipend of up to AUD $75,000 per annum (all-inclusive); and
• Up to AUD $25,000 per annum for minor items of equipment, consumables and conference attendance.
How to apply
This Award sits outside of the annual Award Round. Please contact the Foundation office to ask how to submit an Expression of Interest.
Please contact the Foundation office for further details on the ASSF Application process and requirements.