Search the GPRWMF Website
2017 Award and Grant Funding Announced
January 1, 2017
With a high level of competition for this year’s funding, The Foundation has announced the winners of Awards and Grants in 2017. There were 44 applications in total of which the foundation was able to fund 7 of the received proposals.
Successful candidates for fellowships and scholarships are as follows:
- Dr Brett Levin has been awarded the Overseas Clinical Fellowship
- Dr Alexandra Tikhomirova has been awarded the Research Training Fellowship
- Kimberly Thek been awarded the Research Scholarship
Conjoint Grants have been awarded to:
- Associate Professor Richard Douglas and Associate Professor Mike Taylor for the project Efficacy of antibiotic and corticosteroid treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Associate Professor Miriam Welgampola and Dr Jonathon Kong for the project Event Monitoring for Acute Vertigo: A Vestibular Holtor Monitor
- Professor Stephen O’Leary and Professor Peter Thorne Understanding the mechanisms of delayed hearing loss after cochlear implantation
- Dr Ian Curthoys and Professor Michael Halmagyi (AO) for the project Measuring vestibular sensitivity
In addition to these awards The Foundation has committed to contribute funding to the extension of The University of Queensland Chair in Otolaryngology held by Professor Anders Cervin. The Foundation wishes to thank all applicants for submitting for the 2017 round of Awards and Grants. Congratulations go to the successful applicants who will be undertaking projects commencing in 2017.
Archives by Category
Archives by Month